A Destination Wedding would have been our choice
He had a local wedding but then again, he didn’t know the truth about a destination wedding. To this day, he said he he wish he knew more so he could have made a better choice. Many couples are feeling the same way.
But what kind of wedding are you interested in?
“Bae and I want “our” wedding and not “the” wedding I’ve been a bridesmaid at numerous times”
That is how the conversation between me and Tricia began.
Destination Weddings have become very popular in the past few years. You may choose to incorporate the beautiful and often exotic locations that are often seen on honeymoons into your wedding, inviting close family and friends for a romantic and exciting getaway.
A destination wedding combines the location of the honeymoon with all aspects of the wedding – ceremony, reception, luncheons, etc. to create a unique and intimate atmosphere for your family and friends.
So, what would make a destination right for you? Let’s look.
Advantages of Destination Wedding
Unique and Memorable Wedding Experience
- You can be much more creative and can incorporate your personal tastes and styles into your wedding.
- You can choose to have a religious ceremony and traditional wedding or choose to do something different and make it completely your own with a symbolic wedding.
- Even for tastes that are traditional, a destination wedding will be unlike any other wedding – it will be totally unique to you.
Once in a Lifetime Reunion
- Because the guests consist of very close friends and family from each stage of your life, it presents the feeling of a mini reunion with everyone in one magical place for the purpose of celebrating the wedding
- Your wedding will not only be a vacation for many, but also a reunion
One-on-One Time with Guests
- Destination weddings tend to be smaller in size and much more intimate so there is more time for you to interact with guests
- They also tend to last a few days, giving you and your new spouse plenty of opportunity for everyone to mingle
- As the guest list shrinks, so will your costs of the wedding as there will be less guests to cater for
- Alternatively, as the guest list shrinks, you may be able to spend more for a lavish event
Grooms Like to Get Involved
- Whether it is deciding on gift bags or coordinating guest outings, your husband-to-be will be likely to become more involved in destination wedding planning
- Specifically, he may enjoy organizing the smaller events such as day outings and happy hour mixers
Start the Honeymoon Early
- The honeymoon starts as soon as you are pronounced husband and wife and you can decide when that “honeymoon” begins
- You may decide to stay at the same resort for both the wedding and honeymoon or venture to a new location to spend the time in honeymoon bliss
- The wedding and photographs present stunning visions with the backdrop of the beautiful ocean, luscious and exotic fauna and foliage
- The wedding becomes infused with the culture of another country which serves to enrich the entire experience for you and your guests
- The world is full of breathtaking views and historic places, but only a select few are right for a destination wedding
- You can choose a wedding location that will truly dazzle even your well-traveled guests and make them feel like it was worth the trip.
The simplicity in planning a destination wedding is quite an advantage. It reduces the stress you may have as you can work with a local destination wedding planner who will act as your liaison with the on-site wedding coordinator to make everything work flawlessly.
A destination wedding planner can be an enormous asset in engineering your guest travels so everything fits together like hand in glove. Overall, the advantages of having your wedding in a foreign location far outweighs the disadvantages but as always, contact your travel specialist for help.
Latoya and Johnathan are a real wedding. They got married in Montego Bay Jamaica and I had the distinct pleasure of helping them plan their amazing experience.
Maybe you’re ready to plan your signature wedding. I can help. Call me at 770.469.7370 today so you can get started.